The Senior BI Developer/Analyst is responsible for all technical aspects related to the full life cycle of implementing BI solutions. This includes business requirement analysis, functional design, technical design, development and on-going activities related to support of the legacy data warehouse systems.
This role will provide our business customers with timely and accurate information required to make informed decisions using Business Intelligence and Operational reporting tools. The Senior BI Developer/Analyst will also play a key role in guiding the evolution of our systems and the data warehouse, participating in various tasks in architecture design and planning.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- BI & Operational Design and Development - Configure and implement BI solutions by applying information and data presentation architectures using Business Intelligence and Operation Reporting related tools. Perform analysis, development and data mining in a data warehouse environment that includes data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation. Create technical documentation, including requirements specifications, gap/fit analysis, design specifications, unit test plans, and deployment instructions. Maintain documentation of the BI solutions deployed across the enterprise. Work with business users to understand their needs and offer guidance and recommendations to achieve intended results. Provide ad hoc and standard reports, dashboards, data extracts and analyses to drive business value and efficiency.
- ETL & Batch Design and Development - Automate the flow and aggregation of data into and between repositories utilizing ETL tools and data loading patterns for standardization of technical design. Identify areas of process improvement and automating manual processes reducing impact on business systems.
- Production Support, Misc., & Other Duties As Required - Automate the flow and aggregation of data into and between repositories utilizing ETL tools and data loading patterns for standardization of technical design. Identify areas of process improvement and automating manual processes reducing impact on business systems.
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IS or related field or equivalent combination of education/certification and applicable experience.
- 5+ years of experience in MicroStrategy (models, report and dashboard authoring, ad-hoc analytics, visualizations and user and server administration).
- 5+ years of experience in design and build of data management solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases (SQL, PL/SQL or T-SQL).
- Experience with ETL and tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Talend, Data Stage etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly analytical with first-rate conceptual and reporting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of business intelligence best practices, visualization, processes, and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform all phases of projects.
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamics and fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed and motivated - able to determine what needs to be done and gets it done.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to interact with and effectively address concerns from upper management.
- Comfortable in a small team environment using multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent prioritization, time management, analytical, and organization skills.
- Detail oriented, expert problem solver, and enthusiastic.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX logical/physical data structures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI stack (SSRS, Power BI, SSIS, SSAS, and SQL Server).
- Experience using Agile BI development principles and processes.
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes, and technology.
- Knowledge of direct marketing.
Hammacher Schlemmer, a well-recognized, upscale consumer catalog since 1848, brings “the Best, the Only, and the Unexpected” innovative products to our valued customers. We offer fine apparel, high quality electronics, exceptional furnishings for home and office, durable utility goods, and a unique selection of thoughtful gifts for adults and children.
Benefits: Our company is wholly owned by our employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at Hammacher Schlemmer, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
We also offer: A Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Fitness Center, Product Discounts and more!
Hammacher Schlemmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer