We are seeking a motivated, analytical, detail-oriented HR Generalist with specific experience with and a passion for Benefits and HRIS to join our Human Resources team!
The Benefits & HRIS Analyst will assist with administering the analysis, implementation, reconciliation and administration of benefit programs. Ensure compliance of benefits administration with federal and state laws, including IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
This individual will assist with supporting and maintain the HR management systems, in addition to other systems testing and upgrade implementations and projects supported by the HRIS. This position will assist with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, reports, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the coordination and/or facilitate annual open enrollment process, new hire benefits, and other benefit meetings as needed.
- Communicate and educate employees on benefit offerings, as well as assisting employees currently enrolled in plans.
- Manage various leave programs, including, but not limited to Short Term Disability, Family Medical Leave, and Workers Compensation.
- Assist with 401(k) administration and reporting.
- Maintain knowledge of and analyze government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
- Assist in ensuring compliance of benefits administration with federal and state laws, including IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HR with a focus on Benefits, Benefits Administration, product and service development, delivery and support and applying applicable technologies.
- Assist in the implementation of new and competitive health and welfare programs and/or redesign of existing programs and compliance.
- Assist with the development of communication materials regarding new and existing benefit programs. Assist with communications distribution.
- Ensure necessary plan documents are in place and assist with government-mandated disclosures, e.g. summary documents are distributed to eligible employees. Initiate development of informative materials from vendors, ensure adequate materials and develop appropriate Company materials in-house.
- Assist with review of policies that affect pay and benefits to ensure that plans/programs/policies are consistent with Company philosophy and meet all applicable federal, state, provincial, and country guidelines.
- Lead the maintenance of benefits data/workflow in HRIS.
- Help maintain data integrity by routinely auditing and analyzing data.
- Develop/revise user procedures, guidelines, and documentation. Train employees on Self-Service. Train new systems users.
- Process and reconcile HR invoices; track and log in Excel.
- Assist in development of standard reports. Develop, and/or maintain, and support a variety of reports or queries.
- Systems maintenance/administration, training, & updates – assist in the review, testing, and implementation of system upgrades. Provide support including, but not limited to researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process flaws, and recommend solutions or other alternatives to meet requirements.
- Assist with maintenance of employee benefits data, new hire data, separation data in HRIS as needed.
- Recommend process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or variations from established processes that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Assist with implementation of special incentives for all employees, specific group, or individual to support the Company and/or department objectives.
- Assist and support the HR department on a variety of projects, as needed/requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or combination of education, skills, and experience.
- Two to four (2-4) years overall work experience, including at least 2 years’ experience with administration of benefit programs and/or HRIS.
- Some experience with analysis, design, and/or administration of HRIS, compensation and/or benefit programs.
- HRIS experience, ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- General benefits/systems knowledge is required, including compliance with the state and federal laws that apply to the plans.
- Benefits experience and analysis with fully-insured and/or self-funded plans.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Well organized with great attention to details and confident working independently, but also must work well as a strong team player.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word and Excel, building spreadsheets and formulas, are required. PowerPoint will be useful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or other related discipline.
- PHR, CCP, CEBS or similar certifications; or courses completed towards certifications.
- Compensation/job analysis.
- Basic knowledge of payroll/payroll administration
Our Human Resources team provides support/services for both The Bradford Group and Hammacher Schlemmer. The two companies are “sister” companies, and are located/headquartered in Niles, IL. We seek prospective colleagues who can offer a fresh, creative perspective and who can help us make a difference as we continue to build a business focused on serving our customers and providing them with meaningful products that enrich their lives.
The Bradford Group is a world leader in direct to consumer marketing and provider of gifts, collectibles, home décor, and jewelry. Founded in 1973, we have an unyielding commitment to product quality and exceptional customer service which has helped us become one of the premier direct marketing companies in today’s international economy.
Hammacher Schlemmer, a well-recognized, upscale consumer catalog since 1848, brings “the Best, the Only, and the Unexpected” innovative products to our valued customers. We offer fine apparel, high quality electronics, exceptional furnishings for home and office, durable utility goods, and a unique selection of thoughtful gifts for adults and children.
Benefits: Our Company is wholly owned by our employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at The Bradford Group, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
We also offer: A Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Fitness Center, Product Discounts and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.