The Director, Talent Acquisition & Engagement, will continue to support the businesses in the organization-wide talent strategy, continually looking for the best practices in all areas of talent acquisition & engagement. This role is responsible for the implementation of the organizational recruiting philosophy, program development, and communications, and will provide overall strategic direction for the recruitment team by ensuring that plans, programs and services strongly align with business strategies and priorities. This role will also support the engagement of our employees through various channels such as coaching, learning & development, career progression, employee relations, performance management, and any other programs and/or development as business needs evolve and change. This person will serve as an internal coach who uses the CTI coaching model to support the growth of all employees and leaders.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
40% - Lead the Talent Acquisition Team:
- Develop and deploy enterprise recruitment and sourcing strategies that cultivate a high performance environment to ensure the business attracts the best talent.
- Develop and execute best-in-class practices to maximize the candidate experience including proactive research and sourcing of passive candidates, screening, interviewing, selection and onboarding.
- Maintain and manage a continual list of competitors, as well as a pipeline of qualified candidates to contact as opportunities arise.
- Serve as the expert in the Talent Acquisition function to support the businesses.
- Develop and manage the talent acquisition practices, processes, competencies, selection criteria and diversity efforts.
- Integrate the corporate vision, strategy and values by ensuring that the hiring and selection processes yield high performing candidates who possess our core competencies.
- Responsible for overall brand and employer career site build out and overall candidate experience; responsible for branding and establishing the organization as an employer of choice in the market place.
- Lead the recruitment technology platform strategy and ensure full optimization, utilization, enhancements and continuous improvement of the ATS, onboarding, selection/assessment and other recruitment tools.
- Participate in partnering with the businesses in succession planning and career progression.
- Attract, lead and manage a high performing talent acquisition team, ensuring clear goals and accountabilities are established and achieved.
- Manage the recruiting budget by monitoring and identifying opportunities for maximum efficiency and reduced costs.
- In partnership with internal clients and other senior HR Leaders develop and execute the strategic, tactical, and business recruiting operational plans to align with the corporate strategies and objectives.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective high level ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and shared services across the organization, determining and implementing tools, processes and programs that support enterprise-wide recruitment strategies.
- Responsible for talent acquisition data and metrics, developing, regularly reporting, presenting and informing on talent activities to leadership and decision makers through multiple communication channels. Define the required metrics to measure achievement of key recruiting programs to and improve candidate attraction, selection and retention of talent. Analyze and leverage recruiting metrics to inform and modify strategies to continually meet and exceed the talent acquisition objectives.
- Lead the cultivation of external relationships to develop strategic partnerships and establish networks through professional contacts.
- Evaluate, select and manage external partners/vendors, as appropriate, to supplement internal Talent Acquisition capabilities.
40% - Learning & Development:
- Lead a Learning and Development team to deliver learning and development solutions and provide expert consultancy for the business.
- Develop, maintain and deliver all necessary compliance training, as well as performance improving training programs.
- Manage the design and delivery of learning initiatives.
- Provide coaching, assessment and individual-level development.
- Provide professional leadership development consultancy support to business leaders.
- Ensure all development activities help to cultivate our culture (i.e. coaching, mentoring, face to face training, knowledge sharing).
- Ensure learning opportunities for all employees at all levels support the company strategic goals.
- Manage outside Learning & Development vendors.
- Manage and control budget for Learning and Development initiatives
- Cultivate and support the organization’s goal of being a continuous learning organization.
- Foster relationships to support individual-contributors success.
- Co-create goals and initiatives to create forward movement.
- Hold the employee accountable for their objectives.
- Support by listening, asking powerful questions, and holding the employee’s agenda to the fullest potential.
- Challenge, inspire, encourage, and champion exponential growth.
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or at least 10 years of experience in talent acquisition, talent management or human resources.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated success in leading an Enterprise Talent Acquisition team.
- Data driven mindset – ability to influence, drive decisions and lead discussions utilizing data.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Superior ability to partner with internal customers/clients; high performance mindset and expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively to leaders, employees at all levels, and external partners and vendors.
- Co-Active Coaching Certification highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong personal communication skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork & build relationships.
- Agility to adapt to all types of individuals learning styles.
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Strategic focus while managing the attention to details.
- Strong and proven Management and Leadership skill proficiency.
- Process Improvement skills and ability.
The Bradford Group is a world leader in direct to consumer marketing and provider of gifts, collectibles, home décor, and jewelry. Founded in 1973, we have an unyielding commitment to product quality and exceptional customer service which has helped us become one of the premier direct marketing companies in today's international economy.
Benefits: Our company is wholly owned by our employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at The Bradford Group, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
We also offer: A Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Fitness Center, Product Discounts and more!
The Bradford Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer