• Coordinate and execute factory International Labor Law (ILS) audits with outside 3rd party auditing firms in order to meet licensor deadlines.
• Establish and communicate effective corrective action plans for factories immediately following an audit. Monitor the plans to ensure compliance is met in a timely manner that meets Bradford’s and licensor expectations. Maintain detailed records and report findings to management on a regular basis.
• Facilitate execution of all corporate and licensor compliance documents, including but not limited to Confidentiality and Manufacture agreements; licensor agreements, and associated reports.
• Collect and regularly update licensor databases with required data such as factory details, audit results and corrective action as well as product safety test results. Licensors such as the FLA (Fair labor Association) require detailed data and regular updates about Bradford’s compliance activity into their systems.
• Coordinate and execute all regulated labels for stuffed toys, pillows and apparel, bedding and all applicable product forms.
• Communicate daily with China compliance and 3rd party testing labs on all relevant data.
• Monitor licensor and Dept. of Labor risk-assessments based on country of origin, product type, etc. and inform management of any changes or updates regularly.
• Communicate appropriate actions and reportable data to China office, licensing and management in a timely manner.
• Escalate compliance related issues, as needed.
• Maintain Vendor database in purchasing system. (Prod PO)
• Update and maintain Product Safety test data.
• Update and maintain approved vendor/licensor reports.
• Review safety test invoices for accuracy.
• Attend outside training as needed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Communicate with vendors and internal staff on issues relating to audit preparation, product safety questions
• Coordinate and execute audit schedules, corrective action plans and communicate said with auditing firms, factories and management.
• Analyze and review all product safety test reports to ensure testing executed meets regulatory and licensor requirements for all various product forms. Upload test reports into the Bradford and licensor systems.
• Administrate and maintain Corporate and licensor legal documentation. Review all invoices to be sure costs meet agreed upon pricing. Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience
• College degree or 5-7 years of equivalent experience.
• Experience either overseeing on site audits or managing execution.
• Sourcing knowledge of materials and inherent risk factors a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Problem solving skills.
• Decision maker.
• Results orientated.
• Good verbal and written communicator.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• A team player.
• Is authentic, genuine and honest.
• Resolves conflict in a direct manner.
• Understanding of the financial aspects of the business and compliance and how they come together.
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet-research / reporting / • analysis tools.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to travel to domestic and international locations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Auditing experience
• Lab experience would be a plus but not mandatory.
• Detailed individual with strong ability to create and maintain useful reports.
• Team player who can communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals in the USA and China as well as outside 3rd parties.
• Willingness to learn and work well under pressure.
The Bradford Group is a world leader in direct to consumer marketing and provider of gifts, collectibles, home décor, and jewelry. Founded in 1973, we have an unyielding commitment to product quality and exceptional customer service which has helped us become one of the premier direct marketing companies in today's international economy.
Benefits: Our company is wholly owned by our employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at The Bradford Group, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
We also offer: A Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Fitness Center, Product Discounts and more!
The Bradford Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer