E-Commerce Copywriter I
Our dynamic, fast-growing E-Commerce division is looking for an experienced Copywriter who will be responsible for writing and proofing copy for The Bradford Group e-commerce and content Websites based on pre-established directions and guidelines. Projects will include site content creation (product descriptions, on-site product promotions and seasonal promo campaigns) as well as NCA/House File promotional copy creation (e-mails, social media, banners, newsletters, and display ads). This person will work under the supervision of the Creative Director.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include writing and proofing copy as well as participation in meetings and discussions in order to obtain project directions and stays abreast of current industry standards, techniques and marketing results to achieve organization's goals.
Required Qualifications: Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience:
-Bachelor's Degree in English, Advertising, Journalism, or Communication
- 2-5 years of copy writing experience in e-commerce, advertising, or direct marketing for consumer products (giftware, collectibles, home décor preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
-Proven ability to write compelling, customer-focused copy to market products and services that meet brand requirements.
- Able to work on projects independently with supervision and collaborate well with counterparts (designers, marketers, IT staff, etc.)
- Familiar with advertising or e-commerce common practices an procedures
- Familiar with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media advertising and the landscape of digital marketing needs
- Proficient in MAC, PC, and MSWord; familiar with different Web browsers
- Deadline oriented, can multi-task
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication and problem solving skills