The AX Developer will be responsible for all phases of software development, including business requirements, design, coding, testing, documentation, deployment, and production support for the Dynamics AX system. This individual will be a member of a small, talented development team focused on delivering high quality enterprise caliber systems on the Microsoft platform, primarily in Microsoft Dynamics AX, X++, SSRS, MSSQL Server. Primary responsibilities will be to execute the design, estimate the project and drive the system development and implementation efforts of project initiatives. This position will work closely with the department Director and team Technical Leads to ensure compliance of standards and alignment with the strategic approach of the Information Service department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The developer is responsible for driving development efforts for enhancement and maintenance of Dynamics AX and associated linkage to third party system including internally developed applications utilizing object oriented design techniques and department coding standards. This role will be strongly proficient with the AX application and database structure, effectively and clearly communicates with internal and external end-users, and provides clear and timely communication to the team and the project manager on development progress and obstacles.
- Testing & Deployments
Creates and executes application and deployment testing through the creation of unit tests, functional and smoke testing for deployment validation. The developer will create change management requests for implementations of new code versions into production, seeking appropriate business and management approvals and coordinating with the project manager.
Responsible for actively monitoring the overall performance of the Dynamics AX application stack. Including the main application, SQL Server, database configuration, POS system. Will also include troubleshooting application connectivity between Ohio, Illinois and New York.
- Production Support, Misc. and Other Duties as Required
Responsible for providing production support of the Dynamics AX system, integrated third party systems, and internal business applications ensuring high availability, data consistency and accuracy of information. Closely monitors AX and batch stream performance meeting or exceeding established service levels for business systems data availability. Responsible for participating in overnight and weekend on call support rotation resolving business outages or impacts as needed.
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IS or related industry experience
- 1-3 years of Dynamic AX development experience in medium to large size corporate environments with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity of projects and applications
- 3-5 years of experience designing and developing with SQL Server.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft X++ development.
- Experience using AIF to integrate AX with external systems.
- Proficient with security development techniques.
- Ability to design and develop reports using SSRS development tools.
- Ability to debug the AX application stack on the fly in order to resolve production based issues related to data.
- Proficient with defining and estimating project tasks.
- Collaborative approach to design issues and problem solving
- Strong ability to balance multiple project initiatives concurrently
- Strong knowledge and experience with all project life-cycle phases including overall system design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to integrate procedural steps and processes with technical requirements and system functions to assure successful delivery of work.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment; contribute positively etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Source Control tools and methodologies.
- Commitment to quality and excellent customer service to end users
- Performs application debugging, programming, test case development, and testing of applications.
- Proficient with word processing (Microsoft Word), Visio, Internet browsers, and email.
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience
- Microsoft AX certifications preferred.
- Experience in C#.
- Experience designing complex systems.
Hammacher Schlemmer, a well-recognized, upscale consumer catalog since 1848, brings “the Best, the Only, and the Unexpected” innovative products to our valued customers. We offer fine apparel, high quality electronics, exceptional furnishings for home and office, durable utility goods, and a unique selection of thoughtful gifts for adults and children.
Benefits: Our company is wholly owned by our employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at Hammacher Schlemmer, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
We also offer: A Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Fitness Center, Product Discounts and more!
Hammacher Schlemmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer